Sunday, August 25, 2013

Review: Mizon Pore Clearing Push Out Volcanic Gommage


I've been reading about Mizon for quite a while now but have yet to try out any of their products which is odd as their Snail Cream is such a huge hit, and I do love me some snail cream. So I finally found this mask and was absolutely loving the fact that it's clay and wondered if it was similar to the famous Innisfree Jeju mask which is almost impossible to grab where I live.


Product Info:
Mizon Pore Clearing Push Out Volcanic Gommage
60g

















Where to get it:
Pretty&Cute: 14.00
KoreaDepart: 16.40
W2Beauty: 21.73

Description:
Volcanic ash extract from Jeju island absorbs excessive sebum and skin wastes to tighten pores.

Claims:
-Oil Control
-Exfoliates
-Tighten pores
-Moisturizes


















Ingredients:
Kaoline, Aqua, Olea Europaea (olive) fruit oil, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, stearic acid, peg-40 stearate, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, volcanic ash, silica, cellulose, salvia officinalis (sage) extract, cornus officinalis fruit extract, rose water, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben

Scent:
Personally all clay masks smell exactly the same to me, a little dirt mixed with an odd plastic smell. It's not over powering, but it doesn't disappear once the mask is on.

Packaging:
The box the jar comes in is quite bright and fairly sturdy on it's own. It lists everything in English and in Korean, but as usual the Korean instructions are a bit more in depth. It also lists the weight, use by date, and oddly enough...the suggested retail price. It's odd as I've never seen that before on any kinds of cosmetics, but I do appreciate it as you can see how much you SHOULD be paying (W14,000 = 12.56USD).

The jar itself is a plastic twist top with a bright yellow bottom and grey top with the volcano design that's also on the box. Once the top is removed, there's a seal which easily is pulled off but you can keep it on afterwards for hygienic purposes. There's a plastic scoop that comes with this so luckily, you never have to touch the actual mask keeping it very clean. I appreciate this SO much!



















Swatch:
The mask itself is an off-white eggshell color and very thick in texture. It glides on easily enough to a dry face. I've tried a few clay masks that needed to be applied to a damp face, but this is not one of them. Now, I've heard so many different directions for this mask, so it's kind of confusing.

On several sites they direct you to peel it off after 3 minutes, which I've found to be almost impossible as it's dried by then. Hmm. The directions on the box mentioning the 3 minute wait, but to give it a gentle massage and then wash it off. I tried both and finally just tried it like a normal mask and waited for it to dry and then washed it off. That worked the best for me.


















Results:
I did feel my skin to be softer and a it had a tightening feeling to it which lasted for a while, but I haven't really noticed anything about my pores. They seem smaller for a few hours and then back to normal again. I have a fairly dry so I don't really have to worry so much about oil control or break outs. On the occasion that I do get a spot I dab a bit of this and leave it on overnight. In the morning the spot is gone or the redness is drastically reduced to almost nothing.

Pros:
-Firms skin
-Moisturizes
-Helps get rid of acne that's already there
-Lots of product for the price
-Spatula and cover help make it hygienic
-Small amount is needed to fully cover the face

Cons:
-Doesn't do much for pore size
-Has a plastic smell


















Rating: 8/10
I've tried several different clay masks and by far this one does seem to be the best. Once I stopped expecting my pores to dramatically disappear I started to like this product again. I've heard this mask is actually part of a two step process so I might need to pick up the first part and see how well it performs with it's duo. I'd repurchase it, but only after trying the Innisfree mask first and seeing if that one bombs or not. My boyfriend does seem to like it though, and it does work really well for his oily skin. It gets rid of his redness and helps keep his face looking nice and clean. It's not bad but it's not that overly amazing either, it just does a little bit better than its competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment